Thursday, September 15, 2016

Magnetic Photo Albums - Preparing for Battle

Now that Dad's slides have been scanned, labeled, tagged, shared, backed-up, the originals stored in new binders and the old carousels whisked away by a fellow Freecycler, it is time to turn to my next photo preservation project - rescuing photos from "Magnetic" albums.

Donald's baby photos and even a lock of his hair are stuck to the pages of this album but good; it is finally time to set them free.

I do not endorse any product or service, this is just what I happen to be using.

Wish me luck - I will document my progress and share with you soon.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Anna, I wish you the best of luck. If you can't "free" the faces without damage, I bet you can use a Flip Pal or something similar to scan or photograph the photos in place on the pages. I did that and it worked very well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am actually taking these albums apart and scanning the photos in place before I try to remove them. I may have to invest in a Flip Pal one of these days, though. Thanks.

      Delete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

Since My Last Post

  Carl Anderson (rt), his son Axel (lt), his grandson Gilbert (standing), and great-grandson. Since my last post, I've spent a good deal...