Thursday, April 14, 2016

Treasure Chest Thursday - Middletown High School Photos

I still cannot believe my good fortune in recovering these scrapbooks from my stepmother's basement last September. I'm sorry that my father's childhood brought him such mixed emotions that he never shared them with me himself. And I wish that I were helping my step-mother prepare for his 80th birthday next week, instead of anticipating the day without him.

I wasn't sure about sharing this next group of photos because I suddenly realized that, although Dad may be gone, many of his schoolmates may still be alive and not want their images posted online.  I went to a the members of a new Facebook group for genealogy bloggers and was happy to receive reassurance that posting the photos wouldn't be wrong, as long as I would be willing to delete them if asked, which I certainly would. I really appreciated that feedback because I kept going back and forth on it.

Well, without anymore second-guessing, here are those photos.  Once again, I have captioned them as my father did.



George Holmes, Charlie Wrubel, David Epstein, Dom Daniels
Dick Donahue, Jim Maselli, Stanley Dunn, Arnold Gross
Rod Martin, Diane Dana, Betty Nelson, Ann McCormic,
Anna Marie DeClemente
A School Play

The Cast

"You had better sing 'Nearer My God to Thee' the way Ginger's Driving."

"...I don't like pickles either."

"...they just sit there."

"Oh, let me bandage it."

"Grrr."

"...and my junior pin..."

Ants

Listening to Poetry

"He's got ants in his pants!"

Band Marching Before Bristol Game

Kickoff Bristol Game

Baton Corps at Bristol Game

Waldman's 97 yd. touchdown Bristol Game

My dad developed his own film, so he must have masked the arrow to show us Mr. Waldman making his amazing touchdown.

In some spare moments I have been doing a little bit of detective work, seeing if I can find any of these schoolmates. If I do, I will certainly let you know.  In the meantime, I hope you have enjoyed this look at high school in the early 50s.

In my next post I hope to have an update on my Evernote organization and the Genealogy Do-Over.

1 comment:

  1. Precious pictures! What a great "snapshot" of time. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

Since My Last Post

  Carl Anderson (rt), his son Axel (lt), his grandson Gilbert (standing), and great-grandson. Since my last post, I've spent a good deal...