Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Do-Over Week 13 Progress Report

Provincial Flag of Prince Edward Island, Canada


Since I blogged last on Thursday I have been busy purging, organizing, rearranging furniture, dealing with a recurrence of GERD, comforting our nervous dog during fireworks, and enjoying a 3½-day weekend.

In there somewhere I managed to also start understanding the differences between Dropbox and IDrive, joined the Technology for Genealogy group on Facebook and considered my options for having a will drawn up and how to include my wishes for the disposition of my genealogical research and archives.

So far, I must say that I am not that impressed with IDrive. This was my first attempt to use the service since signing up during the Do-Over. I had issues including an inability to even sign in on Sunday and tonight and had to try over and over to get my backup going without idrive "quitting unexpectedly." I also found tech support very slow.

IDrive came recommended and I have seen many positive comments about it, so I won't give up on it yet. After speaking with the help desk again today I am hopeful that my issue will be resolved tonight so I'll be able to try again tomorrow or Thursday.

Tonight I started working on my will. Not pleasant, but so necessary. Even though I believe that my family know my wishes and will respect them, I understand that New York is the worst state in which to die intestate (without a will) and so, for those I love I will keep at it.

The rest of this week I will be finishing some projects around the house and attending a couple of webinars, Pinning Your Family History by Thomas MacEntee on Wednesday and United States Naturalization Webinar from the Family History Library on familysearch.org.

Hopefully by the weekend, I will be ready to get more focused on actual research again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you don't wish to share your email address, please comment anonymously. Thank you.

A quick English research tip and my PC's last days.

Arthur William Matthews Colorized by MyHeritage This year's tackling of the Hobbs branch of my tree is my first real go at English resea...